Temporary Warehouse & Logistics Group Manager
step into this exacting role immediately and enjoy the advantage of first-hand experience if you wish to be considered for the permanent appointment to the role as described.
this global giant is looking for a warehouse & logistics group manager (temporary contract), who will be responsible for all group warehousing and logistics operations, head office and administration. management of all insurance related matters, as well as the management of the company fleet to ensure overall costs are contained and sufficient support is provided to all other departments to meet company objectives.
- masters in supply chain or logistics.
- minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
- experience with hr information systems.
- willingness to travel locally.
- ensure efficient and cost effective branch, cdc & head office operations, whilst providing overall support to sales department to achieve set objectives:
- monthly revision and reporting on all expenditure vs. budget.
- ensure transport planning and logistic costs are optimised.
- produce monthly management reports for executive review.
- revise quarterly ohs reports and ensure branch compliance & ensure budget available for compliance.
- compile quarterly overage stock report and slow moving stock.
- revise branch legal agreements (with legal dept.) to ensure compliance.
- sales, branch & cdc capex approval.
- revise branch policies to ensure branch efficiency.
- optimisation of transportation and distribution costs:
- develop and implement key strategies to continuously improve the distribution model at the company for both domestic and export market.
- improve efficiencies on distribution to market.
- optimise clearing and forwarding costs for the company.
- manage relationships with transporters and key service providers.
- management of company fleet:
- ensure optimal usage within prescribed budget.
- management of insurance and leasing Requirements.
- head office facilities management.
- reports and departmental procedures to ensure accurate work flow:
- produce regular reports and statistics timeously to follow up on progress.
- prepare presentations.
- provide leadership through goal setting, capabilities development, performance feedback and career planning.
- help recruit and retain competent and high performing staff in order to ensure departmental service delivery and achievement of departmental goals:
- manage all performance management aspects of direct reports and facilitate the same within the rest of the department.
- identify and mentor competent and high performance staff.
- administrative duties.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ability to supervise and work within a team as well as independently.
- multi-tasker, problem solver, decision-maker.
- ability to manage processes and systems and work under high pressure situations to meet deadlines.
- goal-oriented, able to direct and communicate goals to others.
Source : https://www.jobmail.co.za
Location : kwazulu-natal
Publish date : 2020-11-13share Read more and apply.