Senior Transport Accountant
this national transport company is keen to appoint a senior transport accountant, reporting to the financial manager.
core purpose of the role:
- responsible for analysing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as assigned.
- keep records and accounts accurate and current.
- daily, weekly and monthly transactional processing.
- research and resolve discrepancies and accounting errors.
- complete related reports, summaries, and records.
- create monthly reports.
- assistance with year end audit. deadline management.
- b.com (finance) / b.com (accounting) or similar.
- minimum 5 years’ experience - exp in transport advantageous.
- advanced excel skills – database knowledge highly advantageous.
- strong accounting and analytical abilities.
- good communication skills at all levels.
- solution oriented.
essential functions and basic duties:
- take responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of assigned accounting functions.
- post a number of transactions to the appropriate general ledger account.
- reconcile general ledger accounts.
- perform miscellaneous filing/sorting of checks, journals, etc.
- complete required records and reports and maintain files.
- complete various accounting functions in accordance with established policies and procedures, including:
- prepare financial reports and statistical reports (km's, fuel consumptions, etc.);
- perform variance analysis to budget and prior year;
- prepare notes to the reports;
- prepare all balance sheet reconciliations with proper supporting documents to substantiate balances;
- post monthly journals including but not limited to depreciation, payroll, interest, prepayments;
- maintain fixed asset register and manage asset additions and disposals;
- bank reconciliations;
- ensure all invoices for the period have been authorised and captured in creditor module;
- creditors reconciliation’s;
- oversee debtors reconciliations, invoicing, receipting;
- maintain back-ups of accounting package data;
- participate in annual audit;
- prepare vat reconciliation for submissions;
- budgeting, income statement;
- forecasts (cash and financial performance).
- research, track, and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
- establish and maintain effective communication and co-ordination with staff and management.
- maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
- assist accounting team as needed.
- keep management informed of activities and of any significant problems.
- report on the status of all account reconciliations to the financial manager.
- take on special projects as required.
Source : https://www.jobmail.co.za
Location : kwazulu-natal
Publish date : 2020-11-13share Read more and apply.