Aa Finance Reporting Executive
our listed client, is a supplier of an extensive range of quality products to many industries in africa and the world.
purpose of the role:
responsibility for the corporate office finance function, including:
- corporate & financial reporting and accounting;
- taxation matters of the group;
- financial risk management, compliance, systems, processes and internal controls;
- digital, business intelligence and analytics;
- financial audits and assurance; and
- group accounts payable.
minimum qualifications required:
- qualified accountant ca (sa).
- strong academic record of success.
minimum experience required:
- at least 5 years post-qualifying experience.
- management of head office finance / corporate accounting function in a medium to large corporate environment
- people management and track record of leading change.
- strong technical accounting and taxation background and ability.
- up to date knowledge and application of ifrs, income tax and vat.
- budgeting and forecasting.
- financial systems, processes and controls - demonstration of implementation and management of sop’s, accounting manuals, internal control frameworks.
- financial reporting and consolidations – external and internal (including, financial presentations, afs, integrated report).
- successful management of external / internal audit processes.
- listed company experience.
- implementation, enhancement and upgrade of financial reporting, business intelligence & analytics, and erp systems.
- digital leadership and automation.
- corporate action / equity raising / due diligence / acquisitions & disposals.
- financial risk management and treasury.
- corporate/financial reporting and accounting:
- manage the external financial reporting of the group.
- manage the integrated reporting of the group.
- oversee taxation in the group
- income tax
- employees tax
- carbon tax
- lead the group's tax risk committee.
- compliance, financial statement risk management, systems, processes & controls:
- lead the group's financial statement risk management processes.
- oversight for group-wide internal financial controls.
- develop and maintain an internal financial control improvement plan, knowledge management and monitoring programme for the group.
- primary responsibility for financial regulatory compliance obligations.
- lead and participate in overall financial governance of the group.
- lead the group's finance committee.
- participate in the group’s audit committee; primary responsibility for the preparation of committee papers and reports.
- digital leadership, business intelligence and analytics:
- oversight of the group’s financial reporting systems.
- lead the analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and upgrading of the group’s financial reporting systems.
- provide digital leadership in the financial function.
- financial audits and assurance:
- oversee the external financial audit process.
- key contributor to the group's integrated assurance model.
- corporate accounting function:
- oversee the head office accounting function.
- budgeting and cost management:
- oversee budget process and develop functional budget (operating and capex).
- identify and manage cost improvement projects.
- monitor and authorise major costs.
- strategic projects and other:
- contribute to strategic projects and business plans.
- assist in shareholder management activities.
- assist in acquisitions and disposals.
- advise on the accounting, tax, valuation and governance Requirements and implications of bee structures, share incentives.
- people engagement, management and development:
- organisational resources and structuring.
- assist with the recruitment and development of competent and motivated staff in the corporate accounting and creditors departments.
- talent and performance management.
- strategic thinking.
- analytical thinking.
- problem solving.
- judgement/decision making.
- attention to detail.
- building positive work relationships.
- organisational awareness.
- achieving results.
- critical information seeking.
- taking accountability.
- proven financial experience in a manufacturing/plant operating environment.
generous package for the right executive level candidate.
please note, if you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Source : https://www.jobmail.co.za
Location : kwazulu-natal
Publish date : 2020-11-13share Read more and apply.