Clinical Mentor: Advanced Clin-care/nimart X 4/ftc
clinical mentor: advanced clinical care and nimart x 4 - fixed term contract vacancies are available at our client, wits health consortium's reproductive health and hiv institute (rhi) in centurion, tshwane - gauteng.
the wits reproductive health and hiv institute (wits rhi) is a renowned african-led research institute that seeks solutions to africa’s health challenges.
it is located within the university of the witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including hiv and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. this is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
main purpose of the job
- to contribute to the quality improvement of clinical care, through mentoring of clinicians, within the specified geographical area
- wrhi regional office – centurion tshwane
key performance areas
- identify gaps in clinical guideline implementation at the facility level and develop plans to address these
- identify the training needs of doh/facility staff
- support the implementation of clinical guidelines at the facility level through on-site mentoring support and contribute to the achievement of priority programmes targets
- support the provision of classroom/off-site training and on the job training to ensure skills transfer and competency
- support the implementation of 909090 strategies to ensure participants are competent to initiate art, manage and monitor viral suppression and retention in care for patients on art/tb, including adherence support strategies and identification and management or referral of patients for accelerated clinical care and failing treatment
- provide ongoing mentorship and coaching
- support the facilitation of formal clinical training as required
- provide clinical services to maintain expertise (direct service delivery) and contribute to programme priorities. including assessing treatment failure and resistance
- working with phc team and other programme areas, support training plans for internal, external preservice, and doh staff
- review developmental plan on a monthly and regular basis
- liaise with the relevant training support officer and administrator regarding support required
- prepare for training and ensure familiarity with training content and methodologies
- train clinical and non-clinical colleagues on guideline changes and new modules when required
- participate in ongoing mentorship programmes initiated by other wits rhi stakeholders
- ensure all completed registers, assessments and evaluations are returned from courses and hard copies provided to the relevant training administrator
- provide required clinical services to maintain expertise (direct service delivery) and contribute to project priorities
- monitor the delivery and quality of training/ mentorship at the district/ facility level
- support clinical file reviews and audits to identify skills gaps
- participate in monitoring activities mandated by the capacity development team
- participate in course reviews
- participate in the development of training and mentoring plans in the supported sub-district
- participate in progress meetings with the sub-district team to monitor the progress of the strategic plan and deliverables
- complete training and mentoring reports including description and analysis of participant assessment and evaluation and communicate the report to relevant stakeholders
- work with the training team management and other relevant stakeholders to assess the effectiveness of training interventions via evaluation projects and communicate results and recommendation
- work with doh regional training centres to identify potential mentors/trainers for 1st 90, 2nd 90 and 3rd 90 for facility and community training and agree on a plan for training of trainers
- train, assess and mentor potential trainers/mentors
- use of online supported mentorship programme or e-mentoring systems
- take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
- follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- take ownership for driving own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as conferences, workshops etc.
required minimum education and training
- relevant nursing degree with health sciences education qualification
- certified clinical (nimart, apc/pc101 and hts) mentor
- must possess: mentoring skills, assessor skills and facilitation skills
- be a certified assessor with a valid sa driver’s license (acc training as an added advantage)
desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- certification in hiv management
- sound technical knowledge pmtct, tb-hiv integration, paediatric treatment and care
- knowledge of national and provincial health structures
- experience working in a donor-funded organization/ngo or project-based environment
- qualification or experience in training, mentoring, project management and quality improvement methodologies
- knowledge of clinical systems and data management
- exceptional organizational, administrative and effective communication skills together with working knowledge of microsoft office and excel
- ordered and systematic in approach to tasks
- attention to detail
- pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making
- able to prioritize own workload and work towards deadlines
- self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- able to speak other african languages
required minimum work experience
- minimum 5 years’ experience in public health and hiv management, 3 years’ clinical training experience (hiv/tb/srh), 2 years of clinical mentoring experience and experience of assessing learners
demands of the job
- may be required to work at sites that are under-resourced and operate in a highly pressurized environment
- domestic traveling and working overtime/ after-hours may be required from time to time
- able to work in a highly pressurized environment
- must be contactable after working hours
communications and relationships
- maintain effective working relationships with wits rhi staff at all levels
- communicate effectively with all external stakeholders such as donors, department of health (doh), media, medical and academic institutions, community and other partner organizations
- only if you do meet the minimum job Requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated cv - please apply online
- please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- the closing date for all applications is 18 november 2020.
- wits health consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- in accordance with our employment equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the employment equity act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
please note that aj personnel is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client wits health consortium.
aj personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
Source : https://www.jobmail.co.za
Location : gauteng
Publish date : 2020-11-13share Read more and apply.