this long standing, national manufacturing company is currently looking for a maintenance millwright, to conduct mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- grade 12 with mathematics & science strong pref.
- section 13 red seal millwright trade tested.
- minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- n4 electro-mechanical certificate.
- siemens plc.
key performance areas:
- receive maintenance schedules, interpret instructions and plan maintenance and repair work.
- inspect tooling and determine spares and consumables Requirements.
- generate job requisitions for scheduled maintenance.
- transport tools, equipment and spares to the work site.
- isolate equipment, perform lockouts and make the work area safe.
- attend to machine breakdowns of a mechanical/electrical nature for all equipment under engineering functional control.
- update the responsible person on progress of repairs.
- escalate the problem to the next level if necessary.
- capture all information.
- produce simple components by expert use of:
- drilling machine;
- milling machine;
- surface grinding machine; and
- electrical discharge machine (edm).
- perform basic and mig/tog welding of metals.
- grind tools and drill bits.
- maintain mechanical equipment:
- indirect and direct drives, pipe systems, static seals, bearings, brakes and clutches, direct drives, dynamic seals, heat exchangers and pressure vessels, lubricating systems, pumps, conveyor systems, compressors, fluid power/pneumatic/vacuum systems, gearboxes, safety valves.
- design and construct single/three phase circuits.
- design and install electrical wire ways.
- construct, commission and do fault tracing on low voltage reticulation networks (220vac, 110vac, 24dc).
- install or replace and commission electrical equipment (lighting systems; electrical cables and conductors; earth leakage unit in a low voltage circuit; metering units or measuring instruments; low and medium voltage transformers; batteries; electrical wire ways; direct current (dc) machines three phase ac electrical circuits, machines and control gear).
- wire and commission three phase electrical circuits.
- inspect and clean (electrical machines; enhanced safety apparatus; electrical motors).
- test and inspect a three phase industrial/commercial installation.
- inspect and maintain all electrical equipment.
- replace electrical equipment.
- fault find and repair (domestic appliances; single phase alternating current (ac) systems; three phase voltage electrical circuits).
- mechanically cut, drill, punch and assemble fabrication materials using powered machinery.
- cut materials using the oxy-fuel gas cutting process (manual cutting).
- join metals using the resistance welding process.
- weld work piece (oxy-acetylene welding, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding).
- remove metals using oxy-fuel and air-carbon arc gouging processes.
- construct basic electronic circuits.
- install instrument impulse lines.
- maintain instrumentation equipment (flow; level; pressure; temperature; intrinsically safe apparatus).
- carry out soldering and de-soldering procedures.
- supervise the work unit to achieve work unit objectives.
- investigate and resolve manufacturing related problems and sub-standard performance.
- set and adjust manufacturing/production machine conditions to produce quality finished product.
- control the manufacturing process.
- ensure that production plan is carried out.
- ensure efficient use of raw materials.
- responsible for time keeping of all employees on the shift.
Source : https://www.jobmail.co.za
Location : kwazulu-natal
Publish date : 2020-11-13share Read more and apply.